Finding an Audiologist
Do you know how to find an audiologist to test your hearing or help you choose a hearing aid?
If you’re unsure — or shaking your head no — you’re not alone. So what should you do? Here are four suggestions:
- Contact the ear, nose and throat department of your nearest university medical center and ask if it has a list of audiologists in your area.
- Go to the website of the American Academy of Audiology and search “find an audiologist.”
- Contact the closest chapter of the Hearing Loss Association of America and ask if it has a list of audiologists in your area.
- Ask a friend who wears hearing aids for a recommendation.
How To Choose The Best Audiologist:
- Ask for a referral.
- Check if your insurance covers hearing tests.
- Consider a business with history.
- Read patient reviews.
- Expect outstanding service.